Hisense South Africa Warranty: Jan 2021
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for the purchase of a Hisense product.
The following conditions apply to the warranty on your Hisense product, which replaces any other conditions printed or published elsewhere. Please read through the conditions carefully and make sure you understand them. If you have any questions regarding the warranty, please make contact with us on 0860 447 3673 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
FAILURE TO USE A CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN, CERTIFIED GAS INSTALLER OR HISENSE AUTHORISED SERVICE AGENT OR GENUINE PARTS FOR INSTALLATION OR SERVICE VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
Conditions of your Warranty:
From January 2021, Hisense warrants the product against faulty manufacture and / or defective material and the working of your product from the date of purchase, provided it is used for its intention and for domestic use only. Please see warranty period below:
|Category||Standard Warranty||Extended Warranty||Total Warranty|
|Audio Visual||TV||36 Months||12 months additional warranty upon registration||48 Months|
|Laser TV||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Sound Bar||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Mini Hi-Fi, Party Speakers||12 Months||NO||12 Months|
|Mobile||Mobile Phone||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Tablets||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Routers||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Washing Range||Washing Machine||36 Months||12 months additional warranty upon registration||48 Months|
|Twin Tub||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Tumble Dryer||36 Months||NO||36 Months|
|Dishwashers||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Portable Aircon||12 000 BTU||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Refrigeration||Fridges||36 Months||12 months additional warranty upon registration. An additional 12 months warranty for qualifying models.||
Up to 60 months
|Freezers, wine coolers||36 Months||12 months additional warranty upon registration||48 Months|
|Bar Fridges||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Cooking Range||Built-in Oven and Hobs||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Hoods||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Stand Alone Gas + Electric Cookers||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Microwave, Airfryer, Mini oven||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
|Coffee Machine||24 Months||NO||24 Months|
Hisense Laser TV carries a 24-month (2-year) warranty against faulty manufacture and / or defective material from the date of purchase, provided it is used for its intended purpose and for domestic use only.
A further 12 months warranty can be obtained (the 4th year warranty) for TVs, qualifying cooling appliances, washing machines (excluding twin tubs) if the consumer has registered their warranty successfully with Hisense South Africa within the first 6 months from date of purchase.
An additional 12 months warranty (5th year warranty) will be given to qualifying cooling models purchased after February 2018, against faulty manufacture and / or defective material and the working of your product from the date of purchase, provided it is used for its intention and for domestic use only.
NOTE: The 4 / 5 year warranty does not apply to all dealers, please refer back to the dealer or distributor where the unit was purchased from for the correct warranty period and conditions or contact Hisense South Africa. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
- For product purchased before January 2014, we warrant the working of the unit for a minimum of 12 months (1 year), but may vary from retailer to retailer. Please consult with the original dealer the unit was purchased from to confirm the warranty period or contact us if you unsure regarding your warranty at [email protected]
- Hisense bar fridges, microwaves, extractors and mini-ovens, air fryers, soundbars, mini hi-fi’s are not repaired. Kindly return it with the original proof of purchase to the store it was purchased from, within the warranty period from date of purchase. It may be required to log a service call for inspection and verification for the reported fault.
- Hisense is in support of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, and in the first 6 (six) months from date of purchase, for valid warranty claims, the product may be repaired or exchanged by the Hisense or credited by the dealer / store once approved by Hisense. For the remainder of the warranty period after the first 6 (six) months from date of purchase, the product may be repaired or exchanged by Hisense, or be requested to be credited or exchanged by the store or dealer where original purchase was made, on approval from Hisense.
It may be required to log a service call for inspection and verification for the reported fault.
- The above warranty conditions are applicable for South Africa only. For all cross-border countries, the following warranty period applies.
– Mobile phones, mini hi-fi’s, party speakers – 12 months. – All other categories – 24 months.
NB: The Customer Protection Act (CPA) does not apply to cross-border countries as mentioned elsewhere is the warranty conditions. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
- The warranty on the product is supplied on condition that only Hisense authorized service agents are used at all times for warranty to remain valid, this is applicable for any repairs or inspections carried out by Hisense.
Any repairs conducted on the Hisense product by Hisense authorized service agents, will carry a 3-month repair warranty on labour and parts for the completed repair from date of completion and does not extend the warranty nor does it start a new warranty. Parts removed during warranty repairs become the property of Hisense.
- The warranty will no longer be valid and Hisense will not be responsible for damage or injury of any kind resulting from electricity fluctuations and surges, lightning strikes, faults in the building wiring, faulty installations, and improper use of controls and or failure to use the product in accordance with the operating instructions and or general misuse and or abuse, or if not used for domestic purposes only, or for damage caused by a superior force (vis major). Where the product has been infested with insects or pests. The product is physically damaged after it left the store. If water or liquid caused the damage to the product. If the warrantee seal is tampered with. Any repair or tampering by an unauthorized person or attempt to repair or tamper with the equipment, or use of parts not supplied by authorized agents, or alterations or modification to the equipment, shall render the warranty null and void
- After the first 6 (six) months from the date of purchase, this warranty does not apply to any accessories or to light bulbs, loose glass, glass doors and enameled surfaces, filters, handles, doors, refrigeration glass shelves, drawers or door compartments, water containers, door seals, tv stands or brackets, remotes, 3D glasses, speakers any accessories and other parts subject to wear and tear discolouring or rust. Damage caused by abrasive and highly concentrated cleaners and/or cleaning materials or cleaners prohibited by the user manual, will void the warranty.
- After 6 (six) months from the date of purchase of a product the liability of Hisense under this warranty is limited to the replacement and/or repair of the defective parts within the warranty period and does not extend to the installation or removal of the product.
- The warranty shall be applicable only to the original purchaser (and is not transferable) of the product from an authorized Hisense Dealer or Distributor and only where the product has been retained for use in the Republic of South Africa. For warranty conditions, period and queries in any other country, outside South Africa, please consult the in country local Distributor.
- Important note: In order to make sure you get to use the warranty supplied with your product and for the protection of your product when returning it, please keep the box your product came in as well as the packaging and all accessories and ensure to retain the original proof of purchase.